Cantonment Areas Union Committees (Assumption of Office) Rules 1966
CANTONMENT AREAS UNION COMMITTEES (ASSUMPTION OF OFFICE) RULES, 1966
[Gazette of Pakistan , Extraordinary 21At May, 19661
S.R.O. 464(K)/66.--- In exercise of the powers conferred by Article 89 of the Basic Democracies Order. 1959 (P.O. 18 of 1959) read with Articles 22, 23 and 26 thereof, the Central Government is pleased to make the following rules, namely:--‑
1. Short title and commencement.--- (1) These rules may be called the Cantonment Areas Union Committees (Assumption of Office) Rules, 1966.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Interpretation.--- In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, "Presiding Officer" means the officer authorized to preside at the first meeting of a Union Committee.
3. Notification of members.--- Every election, resignation or removal of a member of a Union Committee shall be notified by the Controlling Authority in the official Gazette.
4. Date for the assumption of office.--- As soon as may be after the notification of the names of the members of a Union Committee, the Controlling Authority shall appoint a date for the assumption of office by the Union Committee:
Provided that the date so appointed shall not be later than thirty days from the date on which the names of the members are notified.
5. Notice for the first meeting.--- The Controlling Authority shall at three days' notice addressed to all members of the Union Committee convene the first meeting on the date appointed under rule 4.
6. Presiding Officer.--- The first meeting of a Union Committee shall be presided over by the Executive Officer.
7. Oath of Office.--- (1) At the first meeting of a Union Committee, the Presiding Officer shall administer the oath of office to all members present at the meeting turn by turn.
(2) When the oath of office in the form specified in the Schedule has been taken by all members present at the meeting, the Union Committee shall be deemed to have assumed office.
(3) If any member of a, Union Committee is unable to be present at the first meeting of the Union Committee; the Chairman of the Union Committee at a subsequent meeting of the Union Committee shall administer the oath of office to such member. When such member has taken the oath, he shall be deemed to have taken his seat on the Union Committee.
I, ., having been elected a member of . Do solemnely affirm/take on oath that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan and that I will faithfully perform the duties of my office to the best of my ability, knowledge and judgment.
Dated the .., 19 Member.