CANTONMENT AREAS UNION COMMITTEES (ZAKATFUND) RULES, 1966
[Gazette of Pakistan , Extraordinary, 21st May, 1966]
S.R.O. 462 (K) /66.--- In exercise of the powers conferred by Article 89 of the Basic Democracies Order, 1959 (President's Order 18 of 1955) read with clause (3) of Article 9 thereof, the Central Government is pleased to make the following rules, namely:---
1. Short title and commencement-- (1) These rules may be called the Cantonment Areas Union Committees (Zakat Fund) Rules, 1966.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Union Zakat Fund.--- Every Union Committee shall establish -and maintain a separate fund to be known as the Union Zakat Fund.
3. Constitution of Union Zakat Fund.--- (1) Any Muslim pay the Zakat due from him to Union Committee for credit to the Union Zakat Fund.
(2) The Zakat may be paid in cash or kind.
(3) Where the Zakat is paid in kind and is not required to be utilized as such within a reasonable time, it may be sold and the sale-proceeds shall be credited to the Union Zakat Fund,
4. Application of the Zakat Fund.-- -(1) No part of the Union Zakat Fund shall be applied except on objects prescribed by the Muslim Personal Law (Shariat).
(2) Subject to the provisions of sub-rule (1), it shall be lawful for the Government and the Controlling Authority to issue directions from time to time to the Union Committees and the Union Committee concerned shall carry out such directions.
5. Scheme for utilizing Zakat Fund.--- (1) Without prejudice to the generality of the power conferred by rule 4, the Union Committee shall frame a scheme or schemes for the expenditure of the Union Zakat Fund.
(2) The scheme prepared under sub-rule (1) shall be published in the local area for inviting objections and suggestions and the final scheme shall be prepared after taking such objections and suggestions into consideration.
(3) The scheme as finalized under sub-rule (2) shall be submitted by the Union Committee to the Controlling Authority for sanction.
(4) The Controlling Authority may with or without modification sanction or may refuse to sanction or may return for reconsideration any scheme submitted to it under sub-rule (3) or may call for such further details or information about the scheme or may direct such further examination of the scheme as it may consider necessary
(5) The Union Committee shall take such steps as may be necessary to implement the scheme as sanctioned by the Controlling Authority.
6. Accounts.--- The Union Committee shall maintain complete and accurate books of accounts relating to the Union Zakat Fund in the form specified by the Controlling Authority.