Antiquities Act (Application to the Tribal Areas) Regulation 1973
REGULATION III OF 1973
ANTIQUITIES ACT (APPLICATION TO THE TRIBAL AREAS) REGULATION, 1973
A Regulation to apply the Antiquities Act. 1968 (XIV of 1968), to the Provincially Administered Tribal Areas
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part I, 10th November 1973]
No. F. 1 (5)‑Sec. 111/72.‑The following Regulation made by the President on the 3rd November 1973, Is hereby published for general Information ;‑
Whereas it is expedient to apply the provisions of the Antiquities Act, 1968 (XIV of 1968), to the Provincially Administered Tribal Areas ;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (4) of Article 247 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the President is pleased to make the following Regulation, namely ;‑
1. Short title, extent and commencement.‑(I) This Regulation may be called the Antiquities Act (Application to the Tribal Areas) Regulation, 1973.
(2) It extends to the whole of the Provincially Administered Tribal Areas.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
**2. Application of the Antiquities Act, 1968 (XIV of 1968), to the Provincially Administered Tribal Areas.‑**The provisions of the Antiquities Act, 1968 (XIV of 1968), shall apply to the whole of the Provincially Administered Tribal Areas, subject to the following modifications in its application to the Tribal Areas of the North‑West Frontier Province, namely :‑
(1) In Areas to which the Land Acquisition Act, 1894 (1 of 1894), does not apply, the Antiquities Act, 1968 (XIV of 1968), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, shall have effect as if. In section 7 and subsection (1) of section 16 thereof, the words, commas, figures and brackets "under the Land Acquisition Act, 1894 (I of 1894), as for a public purpose" were omitted.
(2) In Areas in which there is no District Judge, references in section 15 of the said Act to the Court of the District Judge" and "the District Judge" shall be construed as references to the Assistant Commissioner, Assistant Political Agent, District Magistrate or Political Agent, as the case may be.
(3) In Areas in which there is no Sessions Judge, reference in section 28 of the said Act to "Sessions Judge" shall be construed as reference to "Sub‑Divisional Officer".