Chief Executive Order 2, National Kashmir Committee Order 2002
NATIONAL KASHMIR COMMITTEE ORDER, 2002
CHIEF EXECUTIVE'S ORDER 2 OF 2002
(An order, to provide for the constitution of National Kashmir Committee)
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, 15th January, 2002]
No.2-1/2002-Min, dated 15-1-2002.
Whereas it is expedient to provide for the constitution of National Kashmir Committee to project the Kashmir cause at the international level and mobilize world opinion for settlement of the issue in accordance with relevant UN Resolutions;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the fourteenth day of October, 1999 and the Provisional Constitution Order No. l of 1999, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is pleased to make the following Order:--
1. Short title and commencement.--(1) This Order may be called The National Kashmir Committee Order, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
**2. Interpretation.---**In this Order, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,
(a) "Chairman" means the Chairman of the Committee
(b) "Committee" means the National Kashmir Committee constituted or deemed to have been constituted under this Order;
(c) "Constitution" means the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, 1973, which is in abeyance by virtue of the Proclamation of Emergency of the, twelfth day of October, 1990;
(d) "Member" means a member of the Committee;
(c) "President" means the President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
**3. The Committee.--**Subject to clause (2) there shall be a Committee consisting of not less than twelve members possessing such qualification as the Chief Executive may determine.
**4. Members.--**The members of the Committee shall be appointed by the Chief Executive on such terms and conditions as he may determine. One of the members may be nominated by the Chief Executive to be the Chairman of the Committee.
5. Terms of office.--(1). A member shall hold office during the pleasure of the Chief Executive.
(2) The Chairman or a member may, by writing under his hand addressed to the Chief Executive, resign from his office.
6. Procedure.--(1) Except as otherwise provided, the Committee shall regulate its own procedure.
(2) The Committee may appoint one or more sub-committees to examine any matter that may be referred to them and the sub-committees shall report the matter with their recommendations to the Committee.
7. Privileges and Allowances.--(1) The following shall be the privileges and allowances admissible to the Chairman and members during the session of the Committee as notified by the Federal Government:
**(a) Accommodation:**Rs.1,200 per night subject to production of receipt of the hotel/hostel
(b) Daily allowance: Rs.400 per day.
(c) Economy Class return air ticket to the venue of meeting.
(d) Telephone: (i) Rs.5,000 p.m for the Chairman,
(ii) Rs.2,500 p.m. for members.
(e) Other Miscellaneous Expenditure: Rs.3,000 per day, including local transport (For actual meeting days).
(2) Members holdings public office shall draw the allowances and other privileges in accordance with their existing entitlement as permissible under the rules/regulations from their respective Ministries/Divisions, except on visits abroad in relation to the affairs of the Committee.
**8. Secretariat. ---**The National Assembly Secretariat shall function as the secretariat of the Committee.