Chief Executive Order 20, Political Parties (Amendment) Order 2002
CHIEF EXECUTIVE'S ORDER 20 OF 2002
POLITICAL PARTIES (AMENDMENT) ORDER, 2002
An Order to amend the Political Parties Order, 2002
[Gazette of Pakistan Extraordinary, Part-I 22nd July, 2002]
**F.No.2(4)/2002-Pub. dated 22-7-2002.---**The following Order promulgated by the Chief Executive is hereby published for general information:
Whereas it is expedient to amend the Political Parties Order, 2002, (Chief Executive's Order No. 18 of 2002) for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
And whereas, the Chief Executive is satisfied the circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of Emergency of the Fourteenth day of October, 1999, and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999, and in exercise of all power enabling him in that behalf, the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Order:--
[Gazette of Pakistan Extraordinary, Part‑I 22nd July, 2002]
**F.No.2(4)/2002‑Pub. dated 22‑7‑2002.‑‑‑**The following Order promulgated by the Chief Executive is hereby published for general information:
1. Short title and commencement.‑‑‑(1) This Order may be called the Political Parties (Amendment) Order, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of Preamble, Chief Executive's Order 18 of 2002.‑‑ In the Political Parties Order, 2002 (Chief Executive's Order No. 18 of 2002), hereinafter to be referred as the said Order, in the preamble,‑
(a) in the first paragraph, the word "and" occurring after the word "federal" shall be omitted; and
(b) in the second paragraph; for the commas and word "federal," the word "federal" shall be substituted.
3. Amendment of Article 5, Chief Executive's Order No.18 of 2002.‑‑‑In the said Order, in Article 5, in clause (1), in the proviso, for the full stop at the end a colon shall be substituted and thereafter the following further proviso shall be added, namely:‑‑
"Provided further that the condition of educational qualification being a graduate possessing a bachelor degree or equivalent laid down for the member of Majlis‑e‑Shoorh (Parliament) or Provincial Assembly shall not be applicable to an office‑bearer of a political party."
4. Amendment of Article 9, Chief Executive's Order No.18 of 2002.‑‑In the said Order, in Article 9, in the Explanation, after the words and comma "Chairman Senate,", the words and commas "Deputy Chairman, Senate", shall be inserted.
5. Amendment of Article 19, Chief Executive's Order No.18 of 2002.--In the said Order, in Article 19, for the words "Federal Government" the word "President" shall be substituted.