BUDGETARY PROVISIONS ORDER, 2000
CHIEF EXECUTIVE'S ORDER 6 OF 2000
An Order to provide for certain budgetary provisions
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part I, 9th May, 2000]
No.2-8/2000-Min-I, dated 9th May, 2000.--Whereas it is expedient to provide for certain budgetary provisions for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of Emergency of the fourteenth day of October, 1999, read with Provisional Constitution Order No. l of 1999, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Order:
1. Short titles, and commencement.--(1) This Order may be called the Budgetary Provisions Order, 2000.
(2) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on the twelfth day of October, 1999.
2. Preparation of Annual Budget Statement etc:--(1) The Federal Government and a Provincial Government shall, in respect of a financial year, cause to be prepared before the commencement of that year an Annual Budget Statement specifying the estimated receipts into, and the estimated expenditure from, the Federal Consolidated Fund or, as the case may be, the Provincial Consolidated Fund in the same manner as an Annual Budget Statement used to be prepared before the issue of the Proclamation and may, in like manner, prepare Supplementary Budget Statement and Excess Budget Statements.
(2) The Chief Executive and the Governor of a Province shall also cause to be prepared a schedule of the estimated expenditure from the Federal Consolidated Fund or, as the case may be, the Provincial Consolidated Fund in the same form as that of the Annual Budget Statement in so far as it relates to expenditure and shall, by his signature, authenticate the schedule which shall be called the Schedule of Authorised Expenditure.
(3) The Schedule of Authorised Expenditure, as authenticated by the Chief Executive and the Governor of a Province shall be the authority for withdrawal of moneys from the Federal Consolidated Fund or, as the case may be, the Provincial Consolidated Fund of the Province.