CHOLISTAN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (AMENDMENT) ACT 1999
ACT XIII OF 1999
An Act further to amend the Cholistan Development Authority Act, 1976
[Gazette of Punjab, Extraordinary, 4th September, 1999]
No.Legis.2(46)/99/190, dated 4-9-1999.---The Cholistan Development Authority (Amendment) Bill. 1999, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab on 20th August, 1999 and assented to by the Governor of the Punjab on 31st August, 1999, is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab.
Preamble.--Whereas it is expedient further to amend the Cholistan Development Authority Act, 1976 (XIV of 1976) in the manner hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows:--
1. **Short title and commencement.---(1)**This Act may be called the Cholistan Development Authority (Amendment) Act, 1999.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Addition of section 4-A in Act XIVof 1976.--In the Cholistan Development Authority Act, 1976 (XIV of 1976) hereinafter referred is :: the said Act after section 4 the following section 4-A shall be added: -
"4-A. ++Vice Chairman.++--(1) The Government may designate member as Vice-Chairman of the Authority.
(2) The Vice-Chairman shall perform such functions including the functions of the Managing Director as may be assigned to him by the Authority. "
3. Amendment of section 13 of Act XIV of 1976. -- In the said Act in section 13 for subsection (4) the following shall be substituted:--
"(4) The meetings of the Authority shall be presided over by the Chairman and in his absence by the Vice-Chairman and in the absence of both by the member of the Authority elected for the purpose by the members present from amongst themselves."
**4. Repeal.--**The Cholistan Development Authority (Amendment) Ordinance, 1999 (XXXV of 1999) is hereby repealed.