Appointment of Provincial Ministers and Oath of Office Order 1999
APPOINTMENT OF PROVINCIAL MINISTERS AND OATH OF OFFICE ORDER, 1999
ORDER NO. 8 OF 1999
No. 2-25/99-Min.II.--In pursuance of the Proclamation of the Fourteenth day of October, 1999 and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999 read with Governors Appointment and Oath of Office order being Order No. 4 of 1999, and The Powers and Functions of the Governors Order being Order No. 5 of 1999, and in exercise of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Order for appointment of Provincial Ministers for each of the Provinces of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, hereinafter referred to as the Cabinet:
1. This Order may be called Appointment of Provincial Ministers and Oath, of Office Order (Order No. 8 of 1999).
2. It shall come into force at once and. be deemed to have taken effect on and from Twenty third day of October, 1999.
3. There shall be a Cabinet of Ministers in each Province of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan with the Governor as its head. The Governor, with the prior approval of the Chief Executive, shall appoint the members of the Cabinet. The Cabinet shall advise the Governor in the exercise of his functions.
4. The Provincial Ministers shall hold office during the pleasure of the Governor.
5. The Cabinet may be called by the Governor to meet at such time and place as he may deem fit and shall be presided over by the Governor.
6. The decisions of the Cabinet shall be enforced in the manner as may be directed by the Governor.
7. The Governor shall, with the prior approval of the Chief Executive substitute, change or add any Provincial Minister.
8. The Governor may determine the terms and conditions, salary, allowances and privileges of the Provincial Ministers.
9. A Provincial Minister may, by writing under his hand, addressed to the Governor, resign his office.
10. Before entering upon office, a Provincial Minister shall make before the Governor of the Province, Oath in the form set out in the Schedule to this order.
11. The existing rules for the allocation and transaction of the business of the Provincial Government shall remain in force subject: to the Proclamation Order dated Fourteenth October, 1999 and Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999 and any amendment, modification or alteration made therein by the Chief Executive from time to time or any order made by the Governor with the prior approval of the Chief Executive.
12. In the existing rules, for the allocation and transaction of the business of the Provincial Government, wherever the words "Chief Minister" occur the same shall be deemed substituted by the word "Governor".
(See Article 10)
(In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful)
I,---------------------------------------------,do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan:
That, as a Minister of the Government of the Province of, I will discharge my duties and perform my functions honestly, to the best of my ability, faithfully in accordance with the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of Pakistan:
That I shall abide by the Proclamation of the Fourteenth day of October 1999 and the Provisional Constitution Order No. All subsequent Orders and I of 1999 issued by the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, Chief of Army Staff and the Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on the Fourteenth day of October, 1999 issued by him or orders issued by the Governor with the prior approval of the afore-mentioned Chief Executive.
That I will strive to preserve the Islamic Ideology, which is the basis for the creation of Pakistan:
That I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decision or advice so tendered.
That, in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favor, affection or ill will.
And that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as a Provincial Minister except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as a member of the Cabinet.
May Allah Almighty help and guide me (Ameen)