ACT VIII OF 2006
COASTAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
(AMENDMENT) ACT, 2006
An Act to amend the Coastal Development
Authority Act, 1994
[Gazette of Sindh, Extraordinary, Part IV,
27th December, 2006]
No.PAS/LEGIS-B-14/2006, dated 22-12-2006.---The Coastal Development Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2006 having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Wednesday, the 15th November, 2006 and assented to by the Governor of Sindh on Monday, the 18th December, 2006 is hereby published as an Act of the Legislature of Sindh.
Preamble.--- Whereas it is expedient to amend the Coastal Development Authority Act, 1994, in the manner hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
- Short title and commencement.--- (1) This Act may be called the Coastal Development Authority (Amendment) Act, 2006.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
Amendment of Sindh Act XXVIII of 1994.--- In the Coastal Development Authority Act,1994, hereinafter referred to as the said Act, throughout the Act, for the words "Coastal Development Authority", the words "Sindh Coastal Development Authority" shall be substituted.
Amendment of section 2 of Sindh Act XVIII of 1994.--- In the said Act, in section 2, alter clause (c), the following shall be substituted:-
"(cc) "Director General" means the Director General of the Authority;".
- Amendment of section 5 of Sindh Act XVIII of 1994.--- In the said Act, in section 5, for subsection (1), the following, shall be substituted:-
"(1) The Governing Body shall consist of the Chairman and the following members:-
(a) Secretaries of the following Departments of the Government:-
(i) Planning and Development Department;
(ii) Finance Department;
(iii) Forest and Wildlife Department;-
(iv) Irrigation and Power Department;
(v) Agriculture Department;
(vi) Culture, Sports, Youth Affairs and Tourism Department;
(vii) Local Government, Katchi Abadis and Spatial Development Department;
(viii) Works and Services Department;
(ix) Environment and Alternate Energy Department; and
(x) Livestock and Fisheries Department;
(b) District Coordination Officer of Thatta and Badin;
(c) two Members of the Provincial Assembly of Sindh one each from Thatta and Badin District to be nominated by the Chief Minister;
(d) two eminent persons of the Province to be nominated by the Chief Minister; and
(e) Director General who shall also be the Secretary of the Governing Body.
- Amendment of section 6 of Sindh Act XXVIII of 1994.--- In the said Act, for section 6, the following shall be substituted:-
"6. (1) The Minister for Planning and Development Department shall be the Chairman.
(2) The Chairman and Members shall perform such duties and exercise such functions as are assigned to them under this Act.
(3) Where the Chairman is absent or is unable to perform the functions, the Additional Chief Secretary (Development) shall be the convener of the Governing Body and shall perform all duties of the Chairman.".
- Insertion of section 6-A of Sindh Act XXVIII of 1994.--- In the said Act, after section 6, the following new section shall be inserted:-
"6-A. (1) Government shall appoint a person as Director General possessing such qualifications and on such, terms and conditions as it may determine.
(2) The Director-General shall be the Chief Executive of the Authority.
(3) Subject to the provisions of this Act and rules and the general control of the Chairman, the Director General shall---
(a) exercise effective control over and be responsible for smooth functioning of the day to day affairs of the Authority;
(b) supervise the financial and executive administration of the Authority and perform functions assigned and exercise powers conferred on or delegated to him by or under this Act;
(c) be responsible for instituting or contesting legal proceedings for and on behalf of the Authority and for matters incidental thereto;
(d) be responsible for and have the authority for overseeing and implementing the orders of the Authority;
(e) have powers to exercise administrative control over the personnel of the Authority.
- Amendment of section 7 of Sindh Act XVIII of 1994.--- In the said Act, in section 7, in subsection (2), for the words or "monitoring" the words "and monitoring of" shall be substituted.