Judges of the Federal Shariat Court (Assignment of Functions) Order 1984
PRESIDENT'S ORDER 4 OF 1984
JUDGES OF THE FEDERAL SHARIAT COURT (ASSIGNMENT OF FUNCTIONS) ORDER, 1984
[Gazette of Pakistan; Extraordinary, Part I, 7th October, 1984]
No. F. 17(1)/84-Pub.-- -The following Order made by the President is hereby published for general information :-
In pursuance of the Proclamation of the fifth day of July, 1977, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the President is pleased to make the following Order
1. Short title and commencement. -(1) This Order may be called the Judges of the Federal Shariat Court (Assignment of Functioni) Order, 1984.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions. ---In this Order, "Judge" means a Judge of the Federal Shariat Court, whether appointed before or after the commencement of this Order, and includes the Chief Justice of the said Court.
3. Order to override other laws. -(1) The provisions of this Order shall have effect notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force.
4. Assignment of functions, etc. -(1) The President may at any time, by order in writing,-
(a) modify the term of appointment of a Judge ;
(b) assign to a Judge any other office ; and
(c) require a Judge to perform such other functions as the Prerident may deem fit;
and pass such other order as be may consider appropriate.
(2) While he is performing the functions which he is required under clause (1) to perform, or holding any other office assigned to him under that clause, a Judge shall be entitled to the same salary, allowances and privileges as are admissible to the Chief Justice or, as the case may be, Judge of the Federal Shariat Court.