ACT XX OF 1972
MARTIAL LAW REGULATION No. 118 (SIND AMEND MENT) ACT, 1972
An act to amend Martial Law Regulation No. 118
[Gazette of Sind, Extraordinary, 28th December 1972]
(First published after having received the assent of the Governor of Sind in the Gazette of Sind (Extraordinary), dated the 28th December 1972).
No. PAS/Legis-B-20/72.-Martial Law Regulation No. 118 (Sind Amendment) Bill, 1972 having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of Sind on the 23rd December 1972 and assented to by the Governor of Sind on the 28^th^ December 1972 is hereby published as an Act of the Legislature of Sind:
**Preamble.-**Whereas it is expedient to amend Martial Law Regulation No. 118, for the purpose hereinafter appearing;
And whereas proviso to clause (3) of Article 280 of the Interim Constitution provides that no Bill to amend or to repeal the said Regulation shall be introduced or moved without the previous sanction of the President;
And whereas the President has been pleased to accord the requisite sanction.
It is hereby enacted as follows-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.--(1) This Act may be called Martial Law Regulation No. 118 (Sind Amendment) Act, 1972.
(2) It extends to the Province of Sind.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
**2. Omission of paragraph 9 of M. L. R. 118.-**In Martial Law Regula tion No. 118, hereinafter referred to as the Regulation, paragraph 9 shall be omitted.
**3. Amendment of paragraph 10 of M. L. R. 118.-**In paragraph 10 of the Regulation, the commas and the words "liabilities, debts and obligations" shall be omitted.
4. Omission of paragraph 11 of M.L. R. .118.- Paragraph 11 of the Regulation shall be omitted.
5. Repeal of Sind Ordinance XIII of 1972.-- Martial Law Regulation No. 118 (Sind Amendment, Ordinance, 1972 is hereby repealed.