NORTH-WEST FRONTIER PROVINCE
(SUPPLY OF WHEAT TO FLOUR MILLS) ACT, 1999
ACT XIV OF 1999
An Act to control the supply of wheat to flour mills in the North-West Frontier Province
[Gazette of N.-W.F.P., Extraordinary, 13th October, 1999]
No .PA/NWFP/Legis.I/99/24262, dated 13-10-1999.--The North-West Frontier Province (Supply of Wheat to Flour Mills) Bill, 1999, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of North-West Frontier Province on the 24th September, 1999 and assented to by the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province on 7th October, 1999, is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Legislature of North-West Frontier Province.
Whereas production of wheat in the North-West Frontier Province is not sufficient, the allocation of Wheat quota by the Federal Government is limited, the number of flour mills is multiplying, making it impossible to supply wheat to them to run as economically viable concerns, to maintain regular minimum supply of wheat to sustain the flour mills presently functioning and to make available wheat flour to general public at reasonable price;
And whereas, in the circumstances, it is expedient to limit, in the public interest, the mushroom growth of flour mills in the North-West Frontier Province;
It is hereby enacted as follows:--
1. Short title, extent and commencement.--(1) This Act' may be called the North-West Frontier Province (Supply of Wheat to Flour Mills) Act, 1999.
(2) It shall extend to whole of the North-West Frontier Province.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.--In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "appointed day" means the day on which this Act comes into force;
(b) "Department" means the Department of Food of the Government of the North-West Frontier Province;
(c) "existing mill" means a flour mill in production before the appointed day; and
(d) "Government" means the Government of the North-West Frontier Province.
3. Supply of wheat to flour mills.--(1) Notwithstanding any judgment, decree or order of a Court or any procedure or practice in vogue, no flour mill, other than an existing mill, shall be entitled to be supplied wheat save ac determined by the Government.
4. Power to make rules.--Government may make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act.
5. Repeal.--The North-West Frontier Province (Supply of Wheat to Flour Mills) Ordinance, 1999 (N.-W.F.P. Ordinance No. IX of 1999) is hereby repealed.