ACT IV OF 1973
NORTH-WEST FRONTIER PROVINCE FINANCE (AMENDMENT) ACT, 1972
An Act to amend North-West Frontier Province Finance Act, 1972
[Gazette of N.-W. F. P., Extraordinary, 12th January 1973]
**No. Legis. 1 (43)/72.-**The following Act of the Provincial Assembly of the North-West Frontier Province having been assented to by the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province, on the 12th January 1973, is hereby published for general information :-
**Preamble.--**Whereas it is expedient to amend the North-West Frontier Province Finance Act, 1972 (N.-W. F. P. Act No. IV of 1972).
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement.---(1) This Act may be called the North-West Frontier Province Finance (Amendment) Act, 1972.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Substitution of Fourth Schedule to N.-W. F. P. Act No. VI of 1972.--- In the North-West Frontier Province Finance Act, 1972, for the existing Fourth Schedule, the following Schedule shall be substituted and shall be deemed always to have been so substituted, namely :-
(See section 11)
(See section 13)
Rates of Electricity Duty
- Far energy consumed in respect of premises not falling under Article 2 of this Schedule, used far-
(a) Residential, office or com- Two palaa for each unit.
mercial purposes. of energy consumed.
(b) An industrial undertaking. One paisa for every two
units of energy con
(c) Tubewells, irrigation and One paisa for every two
agricultural machinery. units of energy con
**Explanation.-**Premises which are used wholly or principally for carrying .on manufacturing processes within the meaning of section 2 of the Factories Act, 1934, shall be deemed to be used for an industrial undertaking.
- For energy consumed in Four paisa for every
respect of all premises where the rupee of flat charge
supply of energy by a licensee is realized by the licensee;
unmetered. provided that no duty
shall be levied v here
such charge does not
exceed Rs. 5.00 during
**3. Repeal.-**The North-West Frontier Province Finance (Amendment) Ordinance, 1972 (N.-W. F. P. Ord. No. XXVII of 1972), is hereby repealed.