N.-W.F.P. Medical and Health Institutions Reforms (Second Amendment) Ordinance 2002
NORTH-WEST FRONTIER PROVINCE MEDICAL AND HEALTH INSTITUTIONS REFORMS (SECOND AMENDMENT)
ORDINANCE VII OF 2002
An Ordinance further to amend the North-West Frontier Province Medical and Health Institutions Reforms Act, 1999
[Gazette of N.-W.F.P. Extraordinary, 29th March, 2002]
No. 1egis.1(3)99, dated 29-3-2002.---The following Ordinance by the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province is hereby published for general information.
Whereas the Government of the North-West Frontier Province intends to facilitate the provision of health care facility to the general public within the boundaries of the medical institutions or health institutions concerned, specified by Government, excluding residential accommodation or any other premises not so specified, and to regulate the institutions-based practice of the employees of the medical institutions and health institutions;
Whereas it is expedient further to amend the North-West Frontier Province Medical and Health Institutions Reforms Act, 1999 (N.-W.F.P. Act No. XII of 1999); in the manner hereinafter appearing;
And whereas the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of Emergency of the Fourteenth day of October, 1999, as amended up-to-date, and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999, read with Article 4 of the Provisional Constitution (Amendment) Order No. 9 of 1999, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:
1. Short title and commencement. ---(1) This Ordinance may be called the North-West Frontier Province Medical and Health Institutions Reforms (Second Amendment) Ordinance, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force at once, and shall always be deemed to have taken effect on the first day of March, 2002.
2. Amendment of section 2 of N.-W.F.P. Act No. XII of 1999.--In the North-West Frontier Province Medical and Health Institutions Reforms Act, 1999 (N.-W.F.P. Act No. XII of 1999), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, in section 2,--
(i) the word "and" appearing at the end of clause (f) shall be deleted;
(ii) the full-stop appearing at the end of clause (g) shall be replaced by a semi colon and thereafter the word "and" shall be added; and
(iii) after clause (g), as so amended, the following new clause th) shall be added, namely:
"(h) 'private practice' means the practice by an employee of a medical institution or a health institution, after duty hours, of consultative, procedural and/or diagnostic nature for patient who voluntarily opts for it.".
3. Amendment of section 10 of N.-W.F.P. Act No. XII of 1999.--In the said Act, in section 10, after subsection (3), the following new subsections shall be added, namely:
"(4) The private practice of employees of medical institutions and health institutions, mentioned in subsection (1) and (2), shall stand prohibited with immediate effect, except within the premises of the medical institutions or health institutions:
Provided that residential accommodation within such premises shall, for all intents and purposes of this section, be deemed to be a place outside such premises.
(5) Subject to the foregoing provisions of this Ordinance and the direction, if any, of Government, the concerned Management Committee or body or authority shall be authorised and responsible for the administrative arrangements and other related matters for carrying out -the institution-based practice within the boundaries of respective institutions.
(6) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Ordinance, Government may, from time to time, approve and notify any other place for such private practice, in addition to the boundaries of the aforesaid institutions.".