N.-W.F.P. Provincial Assembly (Powers Immunities and Privileges) (Second Amendment) Act 1990
ACT III OF 1990
NORTH-WEST FRONTIER PROVINCE PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY (POWERS, IMMUNITIES AND PRIVILEGES) (2ND AMENDMENT) ACT, 1990
An Act to further amend the North-West Frontier Province Provincial Assembly (Powers, Immunities and Privileges) Act, 1988
[Gazette of N.-W.F.P., Extraordinary, 25th February, 1990]
No.PA/NWFP/Legis/90/3204, dated 25-2-1990 .--TheNorth-West Frontier Province Provincial Assembly (Powers, Immunities and Privileges) (2^nd^ Amendment) Bill, 1990, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of the North-West Frontier Province on the 21st February, 1990 and assented to by the Governor of the North-West Frontier Province on the 24th February, 1990 is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Legislature of North-West Frontier Province.
**Preamble.--**Whereas it is expedient to further amend the North-West Frontier Province Provincial Assembly (Powers, Immunities and Privileges) Act, 1988 (N.-W.F.P. Act No. IX of 1988).
It is hereby enacted as follows:--
1. Short title and commencement.--(1) This Act may be called the North -West Frontier Province Provincial Assembly (Powers, Immunities and Privileges) (2nd Amendment) Act, 1990.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Addition in section 26 of to N: W.F.P. Act No. IX of 1988:-In the principal Act the existing subsection (2) of section 26 may be re-numbered as subsection (3) and a new subsection (2) may be added, namely:--
"20. (2) The Committee constituted under subsection (1) shall be known as Judicial Committee."
3. Addition of section 26-A in the N.-W.F.P. Act No. IX of 1988. After section 26 of the principal Act, a new section 26-A may be added, namely:--
"26-A. COGNIZANCE OF OFFENCE:
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, if the Privileges Committee of the House, constituted under the Rules of Business in vogue, is satisfied that an accused has breached the privilege of the House or a Committee thereof or of a Member within the meaning of section 24 of this Act, and punishment is to be inflicted upon him under section 25 of this Act a reference shall be made to the Judicial Committee, and
(2) On receipt of the reference, the Judicial Committee shall initiate proceedings against the accused in accordance with this Act and rules framed thereunder."
4. Amendment of Item 12 of the Schedule attached to section 25 of N. W.F.P. Act, No. IX of 1988:-In the Schedule attached to section 25 of the principal Act entry of Column No.3 of SI. No.12 may be deleted and substituted by the following:
Imprisonment of either description for six months, or tine of Rs.5,000 or both."