N.-W.F.P. Provincial Civil Services (Executive Group) Rules 1997
NORTH‑WEST FRONTIER PROVINCE CIVIL SERVICES (EXECUT1VE GROUP) RULES, 1997
No. SURIV(S&GAD)3‑7195.VOL.II., dated 26‑6‑1997.‑‑Ir. exercise of the powers conferred _by section 26 of the North‑West Frontier Province Civil Servants Act, 1973 (N.‑W.F.P. Act XVIII of 1973), the Governor of the North- West Frontier Province is pleased to make the following rules, namely:‑‑
1. Short title and commencement.‑‑(1) These rules may be called the North‑West Frontier Province Provincial Civil Service (Executive Group) Rules, 1997.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.‑‑In these, rules, unless the content otherwise requires, the following expressions shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them, that is to say:‑‑‑
(a) "Appointing Authority" means the authority specified in column 3 against serial No: I of the Table in rule 4 of the North‑West" Frontier Province Civil Servants (Appointment, Promotion and Transfer) Rules, 1989;
(b) "Attached Department" means a Department defined in mile 2 (b) of the North‑West Frontier Province Government Rules of Business, 1985:
(c) "Commission" means the North‑West Frontier Province Public Service Commission;
(d) "Government" means the Government of the North‑West Frontier Province;
(e) "Governor" means the Governor of the North‑West Frontier Province;
(f) "Initial recruitment" means' appointment made otherwise than by promotion or transfer from another service;
(g) "Recognised University" means any University incorporated bylaw in Pakistan or any other University which may be declared as recognised by Government;
(h) "post" means a post specified in the Schedule appended to these rules, including the post of Extra‑Assistant Commissioner;
(i) "Schedule" means the Schedule appended to these, rules at Appendix "A" to be revised from time to time;
(j)"Secretariat" means the North‑West Frontier Province Civil Secretariat, as defined in rule 2 (r) of the North‑West Frontier Province Government Rules of Business, 1985 ;
(k) "service" means the North‑West Frontier Province Provincial Civil Service (Executive Group) of the North‑West Frontier Province;
(l) "share" means the share of the Officers of the service in the posts as allocated under these rules; and
(m) "Province" means the North‑West Frontier Province.
PART II ‑ RECRUITMENT
3. Number and Nature of Posts.‑The service shall comprise‑‑
(a) the total number of sanctioned posts of Extra‑Assistant Commissioners in the Province ; and
(b) various posts in B‑17 to B‑21 as per share allocated under rule 6 of these rules.
4. Appointing Authority.‑‑Appointment to the service shall be made by the authority specified in rule 2 (a).
5. Method of Recruitment.‑‑The members of the service shall be recruited in BPS‑17 as per following method:‑‑
(i) 50% of posts in B‑17 shall be filled by initial recruitment based on the result of a Competitive Examination to be held by the Commission for this purpose in accordance with Appendix B to these rules ; and
(ii) the remaining 50% of the posts in B‑17 shall be filled in by way of promotion as per following manner:‑‑
(a) 87.50% of such posts shall be filled on the basis of seniority‑cum fitness from amongst the Tehsildars who have passed the prescribed Departmental Examination; and
(b) the remaining 12.50% of such vacancies shall be filled on the recommendation of Provincial Selection Board based on the result of competitive examination conducted in the manner specified in Appendix "C" from amongst persons holding substantive appointments as Superintendents, Private Secretaries, Personal Assistants Assistant/Steno in the Provincial Secretariat. Attached Department, Commissioner Offices and other Divisional Offices, who‑‑
(i) hold a degree in 2nd Division from a recognised University;
(ii) have rendered at least Ten Years' Government service; and
(iii) are not more than forty years of age.
Note.‑‑A common seniority list shall be maintained of Tehsildars, Superintendents, Private Secretaries, Personal Assistants, Stenographers and Assistants, in the Provincial Secretariat, Attached Departments, Commissioner Offices and other divisional offices.
6. Share of the Service in Schedule Posts.‑‑(1) The share of Provincial Officers in Schedule posts in various grades shall be distributed between Provincial Civil Service (Executive Group) and Provincial Civil Service (Secretariat Group) at the ratio worked out on the basis of their basic cadre strength i.e. the total, sanctioned posts of Extra‑Assistant Commissioner and Section Officer respectively (less 10% of the Secretariat Posts in B‑18 and above which shall be reserved for the Officers of the Technical Departments on tenure basis) as may be revised from time to time.
(2) For the purpose of sub‑rule (1) above the number of posts falling to the share of Provincial Officers shall be worked out at the following ratio:‑‑---
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | BPS/Grade of the Posts Share of Provincial Officers --------------------------------------------------- 21 35 % 20 40 % 19 50 % 18 60 % 17 75 % |
7. Age.‑‑(1) No person shall be appointed to the service by initial recruitment in PBS‑17 who is less than twenty‑one years or more than twenty eight years of age; provided that in the case of persons serving in connection with the affairs of the Federation (on regular basis) who are domiciled in the Province and the persons serving in connection with the affairs of the Province (on regular basis), with at least three years' service as such, the upper age limit shall be 35 years.
(2) For the purpose of this rule, age shall be reckoned‑‑
(i) where recruitment is to be made on the basis of a written examination, as on the 1st January of the year in which the examination is proposed to be held; and
(ii) in other cases as on the 1st date fixed for submission of application for appointment.
8. Qualifications.‑‑(1) No person shall be appointed to the service by initial recruitment unless he is a Graduate from a recognised University.
(2) No person, not already in Government service, shall be appointed to the service unless he produces a certificate of character from the head of academic institution last attended, and also certificates of character from two other responsible persons, not being his relatives, who are well acquainted with his character aid antecedents.
**9. Promotion.‑‑**The appointments against various posts to B‑18 and above shall be made by way of promotion as per following manner:‑‑
(a) To ensure minimum possible standards, the promotion to the posts in B‑18 ass worked out under rule 6(1) shall be made on the basis of seniority -cum‑fitness from amongst the members of the service, holding posts in BPS‑17 who have successfully completed the prescribed training course at the Provincial Academy for Management and have passed the prescribed departmental examination, if any, and have completed the minimum length of service in B‑17 as notified by the Government from time to time.
(b) Promotion to the posts in B‑19, 20 and 21 shall be made on the basis of seniority/witness from amongst the officers holding posts in BPS‑18, 19 and 20 respectively who have completed the minimum length of service as prescribed by the Government.
10. Repeal.‑‑The West Pakistan Civil Service (Executive Branch) Rules, 1964 and West Pakistan Deputy Secretaries Recruitment Rules, 1963 shall stand repealed.