ACT XI OF 2003
NORTH-WEST FRONTIER PROVINCE SPORTS
FOUNDATION ACT, 2003.
An Act to provide for the Establishment of the Sports Foundation in the
North-West Frontier Province.
[Gazette of N.-W.F.P., Extraordinary
25^th^ November, 2003]
No.PA/N.-W.F.P./Legis:1/2003/27654, dated 25-9-2003.---The North-West Frontier Province Sports Foundation Bill, 2003 having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of North-West Frontier Province on the 9th September, 2003 and assented to by the Governor of the North West Frontier Province on 18th September, 2003 is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Legislature of the North-West Frontier Province.
Preamble. ----Whereas it is expedient to provide for the establishment of the Sports Foundation in the North-West Frontier Province;
It is hereby enacted as follows:--
1. Short title, extent and commencement.---(1) This Act may be called the North-West Frontier Province Sports Foundation Act, 2003.
(2) It extends to the whole of the North-West Frontier, Province.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.---In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,-
(a) 'Chairman' means the Chairman of the Foundation established under this Act;
(b) 'Foundation' means the North-West Frontier Province Sports Foundation;
(c) 'Fund' means the North-West Frontier Province Sports Foundation Fund;
(d) 'Government' means the Government of the North-West Frontier Province;
(e) 'Rules' means the rules made under this Act; and
(f) 'Vice-Chairman' means the Vice-Chairman of the Foundation
3. Establishment of the Foundation.---( 1) There shall be a Sports Foundation in the North-West Frontier Province to be known as the North-West Frontier Province Sports Foundation.
(2) The Foundation shall be a body corporate, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with powers subject to this Act, to acquire and hold property, both movable and immovable, and may, by the said name, sue and be sued.
4. Purposes of the Foundation. ----(1) The purposes of the Foundation shall be as under:---
(a) providing help/stipend to outstanding sportsmen of yesteryears who have fallen on bad times;
(b) providing help/stipend to the children of deceased outstanding sportsmen;
(c) sports scholarships to outstanding sportsmen of schools/colleges and utter-provincial youth competitions;
(d) sports scholarships/one time grant to players selected to represent Pakistan Seniors as well as Juniors teams and any other sportsmen/sportswomen who will show excellent performance in the provincial/national and international level competitions;
(e) impart coaching and training to talented players;
(f) purchase of sports equipments; and
(g) holding of local sports competitions in different games at various levels.
5. Administrative Committee of the Foundation.-----Where shall be an Administrative Committee for carrying out the purposes of the Foundation, comprising the following::
|-------|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|-------------------| | (i) | Minister for Sports North-West Frontier Province. | Chairman. | | (ii) | Secretary to Government of the North-West Frontier Province, Sports Department: | Vice-Chairman. | | (iii) | Representative of the Finance Department not below the rank of an Additional Secretary. | Member. | | (iv) | Two sportsmen of International/National repute to be nominated by the Chairman for a period of two years. | Members. | | (v) | Director Sport, North-West Frontier Province. | Secretary/Member. |
6. Functions of the Administrative Committee.------Administrative Committee shall have the authority to superintend and control all the affairs of the Foundation including the administrative matters and financial matters, and shall perform all the necessary functions for the said purposes.
7. Fund.---(1) There shall be a Fund of the Foundation to be known as the North-West Frontier Province Sport's Foundation Fund.
(2) Sources of the Foundation shall be as under:
(a) Funds/grants-in-aid to be received from Government;
(b) Funds/donations/grant-in-aid from any other sources;
(c) through generation of other resources with the approval of Government.
(3) The Fund shall be kept in a Bank account or in any of the profitable Government sponsored schemes or in other profitable use, with the approval of the Administrative Authority.
(4) The profit accrued on and from the Fund shall be utilized for the purposes of the Foundation.
(5) The accounts of the Fund shall be audited by a Charactered Accountant duly authorized by the Administrative Committee, once in a year, and the audited statement of account shall be placed before the Administrative Committee for approval.
8. Power to make rules.---Government may, on the recommendation of the Administrative Committee, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act.
9. Repeal.---The North-West Frontier Province Sports Foundation Ordinance, 2003 (N.-W.F.P. Ordinance No.VIII of 2003) is hereby repealed.