NATIONAL GUARDS (AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE, 2002
ORDINANCE XLII OF 2002
An Ordinance further to amend the National Guards Act, 1973.
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part-I, 19th August, 2002]
**F.No.2(1)/2002-Pub. dated 19-8-2002.---**The following Ordinance promulgated by the President is hereby published for general information:---
Where it is expedient further to amend the National Guards Act, 1973 (LXI of 1973), for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
And whereas the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the Proclamation of Emergency of the fourteenth day of October, 1999, and the Provisional Constitution Order No. 1 of 1999, read with the Provisional Constitution (Amendment) Order No.9 of 1999, and in exercise of all power enabling him in that behalf, the President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:--
1. Short title and commencement.---(1) This Ordinance may be called the National Guards (Amendment) Ordinance, 2002.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of section 2, Act LXI of 1973.---In the National Guards Act, 1973 (LXI of 1973), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, in section 2, subsection (2), shall be omitted.
3. Amendment of section 3, Act LXI of 1973).---In the said Act, in section 3,--
(a) in clause (a) after the semicolon, at the end, the word "and" shall be added;
(b) in clause (b) for the semicolon, at the end, a full stop shall be substituted; and
(c) after clause (b), amended as aforesaid, clauses (c) and (d) shall be omitted.
**4. Amendment of section, Act LXI of 1973.---**In the said Act, in section 4, in clause (10) for the word "four" the word "two" shall be substituted.
5. Omission of Chapters V and VI, Act LXI of 1973.---In the said Act, Chapters V and VI, containing sections 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 and 35, shall be omitted.
6. Amendment of section 37, Act LXI of 1973.---In the said Act, in section 37, the comma and word "the National Cadet Corps and the Women Guards" shall be omitted.