NATIONAL SECURITY COUNCIL SECRETARIAT RULES, 2004
[Gazette of Pakistan, Extraordinary, Part II, 31st August, 2004]
S.R.O. 744(I)/2004, dated 20‑7‑2004.‑In exercise of the powers conferred by section 8 of the National Security Council Act, 2004 (I of 2004), the following rules are made by the National Security Council for carrying out the purposes of the aforesaid Act.
1. Short title and commencement.‑(1) These rules may be called the National Security Council Secretariat Rules, 2004.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.‑(1) In these rules, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context:‑‑
(a) "Act" means the National Security Council Act, 2004 (L of 2004).
(b) "Government" means the Federal Government.
(c) "Secretariat" means the National Security Council Secretariat; and.
(d) "Secretary" means the Secretary of the Council.
(2) All words and expressions used but not defined in these rules shall have the same meanings as are assigned, to them under, the Act.
3. Strength of the Secretariat.‑(1) NSC Secretariat shall have such permanent or temporary posts and in such scales‑ of pay as may, from lime to time, be sanctioned by the Chairman in addition to the existing strength of permanent and.' temporary posts specified in the Schedule annexed hereto.
(2) The Chairman may, by order in writing, direct that his powers under sub‑rule‑1 may, in such circumstances and under such conditions, if any, as may be specified in the direction, be exercisable also by the Secretary NSC.
4. Scale of pay and other emoluments.‑(1) The posts in the Secretariat shall carry the same pay or scale of pay and other emoluments, and the persons appointed to such posts shall have the same status and terms and, condition of.' service, as are, for the time being applicable to the corresponding posts in the Federal. Secretariat and the persons appointed thereto.
(2) Any post in the office of the NSC Secretariat which is not corresponding to a post under the Government shall carry such pay or scale of pay and other emoluments and the persons appointed to such posts shall have such terms' and conditions of service as may be prescribed by the Chairman or a person authorized by him in that behalf.
5. Methods, of appointment.‑Appointment to a posts or class of post may be made by one or more of the following, methods, namely:‑‑
(a) by promotion of a person employed in the NSC Secretariat;
(b) by transfer or deputation from amongst the persons holding appointments 'on a regular basis in the same grade in which the posts to be filled exists;
(c) by direct recruitment;
(d) NSC Secretariat may hire services of experts on terms and conditions as may be approved by the Chairman of the Council on case to case basis.
6. Qualification and experience for appointment.---‑The qualifications and experience for appointment to the various categories of posts shall be the same as are applicable and prescribed for the employees of the Federal Government from time to time.
7. Terms and conditions of service.‑The rides and orders applicable to civil servants of corresponding posts of the Federal Government shall regulate the terms and conditions of service of, officers and staff of the NSC Secretariat;
8. Conduct and discipline.‑The Removal from Service (Special Powers) Ordinance, 2000 (XVII of 2000), Government Servants (Efficiency and Discipline) Rules, 1973, the Government Servants (Conduct) Rules, 1964 and all other rules and orders in this regard, as amended from time to time, which are applicable to the civil servants, shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to the employees of the Secretariat.
**9. Right of appeal or representation.‑**The rules and instructions regarding appeals, representations and petitions applicable to the civil servants, as amended from time to time, shall apply, mutates mutandis, to the employees of the Secretariat.
**10. Employment after retirement.‑**A retired employee shall not ordinarily be re‑employed in any post in the Secretariat unless such re employment is necessary in the public interest and is made with the prior approval of the Chairman. Such, re‑employment shall be regulated by such terms and conditions, as approved by the Chairman from time to, time.
11. Application of Government rules and regulations to the employees of the Secretariat.‑The rules and regulations on account of travelling and daily allowances, leave, general provident fund, benevolent found and group insurance, pension and gratuity, medical facilities, fee and honorarium and allotment of residential accommodation, loans and advances, as amended from time to time, applicable to the civil servants, shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to the employees of the Secretariat.
12. Budget.‑The Secretariat shall, by such date in each year, as may be prescribed, submit to the Ministry of Finance for approval, budget estimates and revised estimates in the prescribed form for each financial year.
13. Principal Accounting Officer.‑‑‑(1) The Secretary shall be the Principal Accounting Officer of the Secretariat, in respect of the ,expenditure incurred against the budget grant by the Secretariat and shall for this purpose, exercise all the financial and administrative powers delegated to the Secretary of a Ministry or Division.
(2) The Principal Accounting Officer shall ensure to meet the, requirements of the relevant rules, regulations and instructions issued by Government from time to time, regarding control over expenditure, realization of receipts and proper utilization of funds allotted to the Secretariat. He shall also ensure proper maintenance and timely reconciliation of accounts in the light of relevant rules, regulations and instructions.
14. Maintenance of accounts.‑The Secretariat shall maintain complete and accurate books of accounts, of its actual expenses and receipts and shall ensure that all payments are correctly classified under the appropriate heads of accounts.
**15. Reconciliation of accounts.‑**The Secretariat shall reconcile its accounts every month in accordance with the instructions of the Auditor General of Pakistan.
16. Internal check against irregularities.‑The Secretariat shall make adequate provisions within its organization for systematic internal checks to prevent and detect .errors and irregularities in the financial proceedings of the Secretariat and to guard against waste, fraud, loss of public money and stores. Relevant rules, regulations and instructions issued by the Government from time to time in this regard shall be fully observed.
**17. Observations of Government rules, regulations and instructions on financial budgetary and accounting matters.‑**On all financial, budgetary and accounting matters, the Secretariat shall; mutatis mutandis, observe all the rules; regulations, and orders contained in Federal Treasury Rules, General Financial Rules and the instructions issued by Finance Division from time to time.
18. Audit.‑The, accounts of the Secretariat shall be audited by the Auditor General of Pakistan.
- Delegation of powers.‑The Secretary may, by order in writing, delegate such of his powers except those delegated by the Chairman, to any member of his staff to be exercised subject to such conditions as may be specified.
19. Interpretation.‑Any question as to the interpretation of any provision of these rules shall be resolved by a .decision of the Chairman and such decision shall be final.
21. Relaxation of rules.‑‑‑Where the Chairman is satisfied that the operation of any provision of these rules causes undue hardship in any particular case', he may dispense with or relax the requirements of that provision to such extent and subject to such conditions as he may consider, necessary for dealing with the case in a just and equitable manner.
|--------|--------------|-----|-------------------|------------|-----------| | S. No. | Name of Post | BPS | Sanctioned posts. | Temporary. | Permanent |
OFFICERS (BS-17 AND ABOVE)
|---|----------------------|-------|--------|--------|---| | 1 | Secretary | 22 | 1 | 1 | | | 2 | Additional Secretary | 21 | 1 | 1 | | | 3 | Director‑General: | 20 | 2 | 2 | | | 4 | Director | 19 | 5 | 5 | | | 5 | Deputy Director | 18 | 2 | 2 | | | 6 | PRO | 17/18 | 1 | 1 | | | 7 | PS | 17 | 2 | 2 | | | | Total ----- | | 14 | 14 | |
STAFF (BS‑16 & BELOW)
|-----|--------------------|-----|--------|--------|---| | 1. | Superintendent | 16 | 2 | 2 | | | 2. | Computer Operator | 16 | 2 | 2 | | | 3. | Stenograher/PA | 15 | 11 | 11 | | | 4. | Data Entr Operator | 12 | 2 | 2 | | | 5. | Assistant | 11 | 7 | 7 | | | 6. | UDC | 7 | 2 | 2 | | | 7. | LDC | 5 | 3 | 3 | | | 8. | Driver | 4 | 9 | 9 | | | 9. | Dispatch Rider | 4 | 2 | 2 | | | 10. | Qasid/Naib Qasid. | 2/1 | 21 | 21 | | | 11. | Farash | 1 | 1 | 1 | | | 12. | Cook | 1 | 1 | 1 | | | 13. | Waiter | 1 | 1 | 1 | | | | Total: | | 64 | 64 | | | | Grand Total | | 78 | 78 | |