NAZARIA-E-PAKISTAN FOUNDATION(AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE, 1999
ORDINANCE XLVII OF 1999
An Ordinance to amend the Nazaria-e-Pakistan Foundation Act, 1997
[Gazette of Punjab, Extraordinary, 13th September, 1999]
No. Legis. 3(XLVII)/99, dated 13-9-1999.---The following Ordinance promulgated by the Governor of the Punjab is hereby published for general information:--
Preamble.--Whereas, it is expedient to amend the Nazaria-e- Pakistan Foundation Act, 1997 (XII of 1997) for the purposes hereinafter 'appearing;
And whereas the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab is not in session and the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to promulgate the following Ordinance:--
1. Short title and commencement.---(1) This Ordinance may be called the Nazaria-e-Pakistan Foundation (Amendment) Ordinance, 1999.
(2) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on the day the Nazaria-e-Pakistan Foundation (Amendment) Ordinance, 1999 (XXVI of 1999) stands repealed under Article 128(2) of the Constitution.
2. Amendment of section 2 of Act XII of 1997.--In the Nazaria-e- Pakistan Foundation Act, 1997 (XII of 1997) hereinafter referred to as the said Act, in section 2, clause (d) shall be omitted.
3. Amendment of section 4 of Act XII of 1997.--In the said Act, in section 4, for subsections (2), (3), (4) and (5), the following shall be substituted:--
(2)(a) The Board shall consist of not more than 24 founder members.
(b) The term of office of a member shall be 10 years.
(c) Vacancies in the Board shall be filled in by the Board and the term of office of the members so appointed shall be 3 years.
(3)(a) The Board shall elect one of its members as the Chairman of the Board.
(b) The term of office of the Chairman shall be 5 years.
(4) A member of the Board may be removed from his office by the Board by a vote of the majority of the members of the Board on the ground of misconduct or ineptitude or mental or physical incapacity after being given an opportunity of being heard.
4. Amendment of section 6 of Act XII of 1997.--In the said Act after subsection (2) the following subsection (3) shall be added:--
"(3) The Board may set up Committees and Sub-Committees and delegate any of its powers to such Committees or to any of its officers.".